0

NY family and relatives

Posted by Tina on Monday, October 29, 2007 in
On my first few days here in NY, got a chance to meet up with my Uncle's family whom I have never seen for years and some of whom I just met in person. Got a chance to hang out with my cousins Mich, Jeff and Libby at their place, they have all grown up! To think I'm way way older than them and the last time I saw Mich was in the late 90s and Jeff in 2004 when they visited pinas. Libby hasn't been to pinas though. The setback in bonding with NYC relatives, they keep on asking about You-Know-Who?! I guess we don't have much to talk about so they just keep on asking how's him, where is he, when is he gonna follow here etc.....I've been so consistent with my alibi about him...I'm just not ready for my whole family to know what happened to us...why I'm here....in time...I will and maybe start revealing this to Uncle first, since he's the one who keeps on asking about him every chance he gets...talk about a nosy Uncle!:P


Of course, sooo thankful Ate and Sam are so accomodating to let me stay in their place. I have my own room which btw I so love it with a queen size bed! my own bathroom but it's in the basement though but still I have privacy to use the bathroom as long as I want to and stash my stuffs there without messing their things :P. I can use the wifi internet all day at Ate's study room just beside my bedroom. Hmmm, maybe someday I'll have a laptop of my own to store my files, laptops here are pretty cheaper than back home, have to write that on my list once I get a job here that will pay much hehehe!:P About my bro-in-law Sam, he's really nice, a very transparent person, what you see is what you get, he's a sucker for the internet and his business, you will usually see him tinkering on his website and try to figure out how to customize it on his own :P He will usually ask my opinion if the website is pretty good or crammed up since he knows I'm into customizing my blogs as well (btw, they don't know this site ok, so I can literally gossip about him here hahaha!). I get to practice my english whenever he's around, co'z Ate and I have to speak the universal language so he won't be wondering what we are talking about. It's just that sometimes, I ran out of words to say to him or there are times I totally forgets the english term of some freakin words!:P I know I worked in a call center environment but we don't talk in english all the time, so this is a little different living in an english speaking household. Nah! I'll get used to this I know :) so on my next post tagalog naman ha :) hehehe!




|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 On My Own... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.