0

Flight to NY

Posted by Tina on Monday, October 29, 2007
Ok eto na po ang pinakahihintay nyong kwento about my stay here in NY…the Big Apple…the city that never sleeps as they say. Arrived here on a pretty good sunny sunday of Sep30. But before arriving syempre ma-drama ang alis….hayyyy, had a chance to see my friends T & M before going to NAIA and bid my goodbyes, hugs and kisses to them, mamimiss ko sila sobra and the rest of our barkada. On the way to the airport, I’m feeling sooooo sad! had to conceal it co’z I’m with Tatay, my sister, 2 aunts and a cousin and had to really hide the pain. Before I went inside the airport I hugged them one by one and the last of which is Tita C, I know she felt my sadness co’z she hugged me so tight and whispered that I have to be strong and that she will continue to pray for me…I got teary eyed but made a quick change of expression and had to turn away and proceeded inside the airport. Hayyy that scene ang bigat! Pati ang hand carry ko ang bigat?! grabeh next time remind me not to put my PT reviewer or any big book inside a hand carry bag…parusa! sabay sumiksik pa si Harry Potter, oh well makapal sya eh and had to really put it inside my bag co’z this book and nagaraya nuts kept me company during my whole flight from Mla to NY :P. Ayan na this is it, I’m flying away via Korean Air bound to Seoul,Korea for a stopover before reaching NY. So I also had a chance to take a peek on this country. Sus! not much to see coz sa airport lang stopover lang kse, which btw ang ganda ng airport nila and malaki had to walk a bit far to reach Terminal22 where I will wait for my JFK flight and all I did was sleep at the terminal area while waiting for almost 5hrs to transfer to a new plane. Naku me bloopers pa nga, I forgot 1 hr advance nga pala ang time ng Korea sa Pinas so I thought I’m still an hr early at hindi ako nakikipila sa mga pa-depart ng passengers na kasabay kong tumambay din ng ilang oras dun….ang beauty ko naiwan nakaupo sa terminal and when one guy attendant from Korean Air called my name and seems to be looking for me…naku kinabahan talaga ako yun pala yun na ung flight ko going to JFK Airport, NY?! Buti na lang I’m not the last passenger, me hinihintay pa sila :)….ok so I went inside the plane and look for my window seat…hmmm, hoping gwapong guy katabi ko at nde koreano?! oh well, my bubble burst agad co’z I’m seated with a korean girl who seems to be nice naman so pede na din at least she doesn’t smell bad or anything :P. This plane is much nicer than the previous plane, co’z every seat has its own video monitor to watch videos, listen to music, check the plane’s flight status and it’s all touchscreen cool!:) I watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Ocean’s Thirteen then some tinkering with the music selections then if bored na tulog or read my latest Harry book. The Korean Air food ok lang, kse you only have one choice co’z the other dish is Korean na though the flight attendants are really nice and friendly. Masakit lang talaga sa butt ang tagal ng byahe! Imagine almost 24hrs din ako bumiyahe co’z me lay away pa kse ng 5hrs sa Korea.

Finally, the captain announced we’re in New York! check agad ang window to see the plane’s view…hmmm, parang puro fields ah wala ako makitang sign of the city…ah most likely nsa countryside pa kmi….after a few moments ayun na I can see some buildings and took some shots. Hayyyy, I really can’t believe I’m landing na in the land of milk and honey sabi nila. One final stop is the immigration…the line to the immigration medyo nakakakaba co’z they said it’s like being interviewed at the US Embassy in Manila…hmmm, mukha nga but I see naman the officers are friendly and smiling…at the back of my mind I’m hoping dun ako sa guy mapunta co’z he seems to be nice…hehehe! God is soooo good dun nga nya ko pinatayo sa guy that I’m hoping…he smiled and ask for my passport then ask a few questions where will I stay, who I’m gonna stay with and til when will I gonna stay here. When I told him I’ll probably stay til the holidays he gets excited and told me to visit Rockefeller and see the big xmas tree and after a while he stamped 6mos stay on my passport, my heart made a big smile then he told me enjoy my stay here in the US That was a breeze! Then wait ko na lang luggage ko then called Ate to pick me up. Me nakachikahan pa kong filipina din going to New Jersey naman sya and we chatted while waiting sa mga sundo namin. We exchange numbers and all and nauna syang sinundo then it took me a couple more minutes bago dumating sila Ate. The moment ate went out of the car she gave me a teddy bear bearing “Someone from Whitestone Loves You” then hugged me tight and cried so hard telling me I’m sooo skinny. Oh! I’m getting used to this scene, teary eyed na lang ako I guess pagod na din ako umiyak esp in front of my family and friends. I’m tired, just damn tired of the trip…the things that happened in Manila….the emotional roller coaster ride I went through….just felt good I’m here in New York…I know it will take time…God will allow me to heal…He has a special plan for me….and I’m excited to discover that in due time….

Ok so wait for my next post about exploring New York and its nearby states!

Tina here reporting from New York!:)





|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 On My Own... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.